Rockhaven Homes is currently accepting applications for the following positions email your resume to email@example.com
CPA or CPA Candidate or Job Cost Accounting Experience.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
The essential job duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
3-5 years Full Charge Bookkeeping/Staff Accounting experience
Strong Excel Skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Highly organized and detail oriented
Able to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
Strong organizational skills
Objectives: Provide efficient customer service to all homeowners during the warranty period after closing. This position is responsible for customer calls and walk throughs and primarily works in the field.
• Schedule and meet with homeowners to review/resolve post-closing warranty repair and service requests.
• Evaluate actual vs. perceived problem to determine the root cause. Make a determination with regards to whether the problem is an item that is clearly covered under the warranty guidelines, if there could be a warrantable item that is underlying the current problem, or if prior repair of a warrantable item may have caused the problem.
• Resolve customer issues deemed to be outside the scope of the warranty. Determine when builder should cover the costs of repair within the “spirit” of the warranty in order to satisfy the homeowner.
• Manage the scheduling of subcontractors with homeowners for timely completion of warranty requests; ensure the work is performed in a timely manner.
• Oversee and inspect the work of subcontractors in accordance with “the spirit” of warranty guidelines, the Register of Contractor Standards, and builder’s quality standards. Obtain customer sign-off for satisfactorily completed work.
• Initiate cost effective resolutions to customer warranty and satisfaction issues.
• Verify and submit invoices for work deemed not to be the responsibility of a subcontractor or product manufacturer.
• Respond to emergencies to meet customer service expectations.
• Analyze and understand manufacturer’s recommendations for the use and application of their products, product features, and warranty provisions and explain/demonstrate them to new homeowners.
• Familiar with County inspection processes and minimum workmanship standards
• Identify trends and resolve issues in a proactive manner; recommend corrective action to include withholding of payment to subcontractors, and discontinuance future contracts with subcontractors.
• Work with the Construction Manager, Area Construction Manager and Sales Associates within a team approach to customer satisfaction and the delivery of a quality product.
• Work with management team on resolving various outstanding legal claims.
• May repair or otherwise fix minor items impacting homeowner satisfaction such as replacing electrical outlet face plates, caulking, touch up paint and other similar small items.
• May repair or otherwise fix items in the community model home.
Education: 4 years of college preferred
• Familiarity with construction industry; with training in one or more trades strongly preferred
• 5+ years Customer Service experience preferably in construction industry with 3+ years as an Assistant Superintendent
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockhaven Homes is looking to grow individuals interested in the construction/home building industry. This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Project Manager with all on site activity to complete homes on time while providing a superior home buying experience for our customers.
Locations: South Fulton and Lithonia/Stonecrest